Thursday 6 November 2014

Café Pompon

Very nice Hot Chocolate
(This was supposed to be 'Grand'...)
On Wednesday I met up with my new American friend, Allison.

We decided to meet up for coffee and cake at a Café in Cherbourg while Aurianne had her afternoon nap in the pushchair.

I found this (rather brightly coloured) Café called 'Café Pompon', just opposite the Carrefour Cité. It was lime green and lilac - I thought that would make it easier to spot!

I had a 'Grand Maison Chocolat' (Hot chocolate) which came with some little egg custard petit four thing. It was very nice but I have yet to find out what it actually was!

When Allison arrived, we ordered a 'Tarte au Citron' (Lemon Tart) and a 'Croquant au Chocolat'.

We weren't sure what a 'Croquant au Chocolat' was when we ordered it (they just had cakes and tarts in one of those glass cakes and thought it looked good). It turned out it was a kind of chocolate praline mousse cake with crunchy wafer bits in. Very tasty!

I thought I'd taken a picture of these too, but looks like I didn't. Must have been too distracted by eating it... oops! Maybe I'll go back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment