Wednesday 19 November 2014

Mercredi = Gâteau

Mini Cakes from Maison Toulorge bakery
Don't forget, Wednesday means Cake!

Not only did I have cake to look forward to in the afternoon, but Fran also went to Maison Toulorge and bought these little cakes as a treat for lunch. The were like little sponge cakes with chocolate drops and chocolate icing on top. I'm a bit annoyed as with the kids and trying to sort out dinner and the house and getting ready to go out, I didn't actually have one, which meant that they were all gone by the time I had got home.

This week, we didn't have somewhere in mind for cake so decided to just wander until we found somewhere.

Cake Wednesdays at Café Pompon
Flan (left), Foret Noir (right),
and Chocolate Chaud for me
This would have worked much better if we knew roughly where a nice little Café was, but we didn't so we wandered around for about half an hour before settling on Café Pompon (the same one we went to a couple of weeks ago).

We decided to do the same as always, and get two desserts to share. This time we went for 'Flan' and 'Foret Noir' (Black forest cake). The Flan was really good. The black forest cake was also very nice, but very rich and strong so I struggled to finish it!

I still think Café Pompon is very nice, but we're hoping to find somewhere new for next week!

If you've been to Cherbourg and know of any good places for afternoon cake eating, do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment