Monday 15 September 2014

Juste Un Autre Touriste à Paris

Boulevard Malesherbes, Paris
On Sunday, the family went off to Church in the centre of Paris, and then out to lunch with some friends, leaving me to entertain myself in Paris for about 4 hours (not difficult in such an interesting city).

They parked in an underground car park just before 11am, and we agreed to meet at La Madeleine at 3pm.

I did lots of wandering around between Boulevard Malesherbes, along Rue Royale and Rue de la Madeleine, etc. and took a lot of pictures of buildings and interesting shops. I don't actually have a huge amount to write about here, but thought I'd share my photos with you.

Place des Saussaies
(A little pedestrian triangle with benches
and surrounded by lovely buildings)

Place des Saussaies


Window Display at Maxim's
(Rue Royale) 
View from the end of Rue Royale
10 points if you can spot the Eiffel Tower

I had planned to walk over to the Place de la Concorde
and then to the Avenue Champs-Élysées
but my feet were hurting...

I'd love to tell you what this is, but...
Window Display for some kind of
designer sculptor 
on Place de la Madeleine

View south towards the Concorde
(Rue Royale)

La Concorde


Ladurée
A famous patisserie on Rue Royale, Paris

Macaroons
(these were something like 7€ for a box of 3!)

Amazing selection of cakes! 
(super expensive though)


No comments:

Post a Comment