Saturday 4 October 2014

Soirée Pizza

Nutella, Almond and Raspberry Sweet Pizza
Tasty!
On Friday night, Fran (and I) invited the Cherbourg Language Assistants over for Pizza. Fran used to be a language assistant so thought it would be nice to offer them some general support, and for me to get to know them a bit better.

However, the whole family (Fran particularly) has come down with a nasty cold, and so she needed to chill out in bed, which meant that I spent the day making pizza!

Fran and Charly have recently bought a Kenwood. They both love and use constantly to make pasta, smoothies, cakes, soup etc.

Spiced Sweet Pizza
When it was cooking, the dough rose with one big air bubble!
I made 12 (6 savoury and 6 sweet) and I'm kicking myself for not taking more photos. I remembered when they were all ready to go in the oven, but thought 'no, I'll take pictures when they're cooked', which I then forgot about.

Savoury pizzas consisted of créme fraiche bases (Fran's allergic to Tomato), with a variety of cheeses, onion, mushrooms and bacon lardons. The sweet ones were enriched dough with either Nutella, almonds and/or raspberry or melted butter, cinnamon/sugar spice mix and then decorated with icing (like a chelsea bun).


No comments:

Post a Comment